Introduction to Smart Budgets
What is a Smart Budget?
Why use a Smart Budget?
- Manage thousands of client budgets with ease
- Use AutoPacer to automatically adjust your daily PPC budgets to ensure you utilize your entire spend for the period
- AutoProtect will ensure you never overspend again by sending alerts and pausing campaigns at a spend threshold you choose
- Rollovers automatically move any budget over-spend or under-spend to the following month or set rollover rules
A new AutoProtect feature allows you to pause campaigns that are part of a budget whenever the spend for those campaigns exceeds a certain threshold:
When AutoProtect is active the below icon will appear next to the budget name on the Budgets Dashboard
AutoPacing is an early-access feature that automatically adjusts your daily budgets to try and spend but not exceed your budget target. There are two AutoPacing algorithms - read more here.
- No rollover - only the amount you manually specify will be added to the budget target, no automatic rollovers will be applied.
- All unspent/overspent budget - the difference between the budget target and the actual spend from the previous period will be added as the rollover amount to the current budget.
- Up to a maximum amount - as for all unspent/overspent budget but only up to a maximum limit
- Up to a maximum percentage of the target - as for all unspent/overspent budget but only up to the specified percentage
We also display the type of budget and the current budget amount.
Selecting Clients When Adding A Budget
You can now access all clients when adding a Budget, if you type in the Select client field it will automatically load all matching clients