Introduction to KPI tracking
We know that the most important measure of success when managing PPC are the KPIs you or your clients are trying to achieve, so we’ve put KPIs at the heart of Adpulse.
Adpulse now supports defining KPIs against Smart Budgets and tracking the performance in the Budget List. You can set a KPI when creating a new budget, or update an existing Budget with a KPI by choosing Edit from the Budgets page.
- # Conversions
- Cost Of Sale
Available measurement types:
- Fixed value - you have a defined KPI that you wish to track, eg. CPA target of $5.25 OR 41 conversions per month
- Last x Periods - these are rolling historic periods, so will update each new period - where a period could be a month or a week
- Last Period - eg. if the current budget period is a month and you're in November, this will generate a target looking at all of October's data
- Last 2 Periods - eg. if in November, would use data from September and October - the last 2 periods
- Last 3 Periods - eg. if in November, would use data from August, September and October - the last 3 periods
- Same period last year - great for a seasonal campaign that compares this period to the same period last year
KPIs are given below in the Budget Details section:
You can choose between a KPI target for Conversion Value/Cost or Cost per Conversion.
Once defined, you can check the performance of your Smart Budget KPI in the Budgets page. Red = not achieving target, Green = target achieved.
New 'Rolling period' KPIs
- Last 30 days = Last Period
- Last 60 days = Last 2 Periods
- Last 90 days = Last 3 Periods
1. The 30/60/90 date ranges didn't work particularly well for weekly or custom time periods.
The new period-based KPI will always look at the previous period, so; if a monthly budget, Nov will look at Oct; if a weekly budget this week will look at last week.