How To Create A Budget
To create a budget for an imported account:
- Login to https://dashboard.adpulse.app/
- Click on Budgets in the left navigation and click ‘Add Budget’. Alternatively, you can also click the 3 dots and ‘Add Budget’ from budget row
- Select the Ad Account that the budget will be created for from the Ad Account dropdown menu. Note that once the budget is created, the Ad Account cannot be edited at a later date. You can type in drop down box to filter the list
- Once you have selected an ad account, select the campaign budgets (s) that you want to include in the budget. You can choose to include all campaign budgets or choose particular campaigns (for instance, if you wanted to create a budget that specifically includes brand campaigns).
To select all campaign budgets leave the check box ticked To select specific campaign budgets (including shared budgets), uncheck the check box and select from the list:
- Enter the budget details:
- Enter a name for the budget. Make it descriptive so that you know at a glance which campaigns the budget includes.
- Enter the value of the budget into the Budget Target section. Budgets in adpulse.io are always created in the currency of the account.
- Choose the budget period using the Period dropdown. You are able to choose weekly or monthly (calendar month) budget periods. Note that once the budget is created, the budget period cannot be edited at a later date.
- If you want to automatically rollover unspent or overspent budget into the next period then you can configure a Rollover Strategy. When using a rollover strategy, unspent budget will increase the next budget period and overspent budget will reduce it.
The following strategies are supported:
- No Rollover - do not automatically rollover unspent or overspent budget into the next period.
- All overspent/unspent budget - any overspent budget will reduce the next period target, underspend budget will increase it
- Up to a maximum amount - as above but only up to a maximum amount
- Up to a maximum percentage - as above but only up to a maximum percentage
- If you would like adpulse.io to send you an email alert spend reaches a particular threshold for the budget period, tick the ‘Alert when budget exceeds threshold’ checkbox.
- Enter the email address that you would like the alert sent to.
- Enter the spend threshold that you would like to be alerted at. The default threshold is 100% (adpulse.io will alert you when spend reaches 100% of budget) but you can customise this alert as desired.
- Autoprotect is a feature that will automatically pause campaigns when the budget exceeds the configured threshold. To enable autoprotect check the "Pause campaigns when budget exceeds threshold" checkbox
- Autopacing is a feature that will automatically adjust your daily budget based on your spending. This is currently available as an early access preview and should be used with caution, it could potentially cause your accounts to overspend. It's recommended to use in conjunction with an Autoprotect cap and monitored regularly.
- When you have entered all the options then Click ‘Save’.
Click here to learn how to import an account.